- Jaguars are solitary animals and prefer to be alone except during mating season.
- The jaguar is usually a land based hunter but will sometimes climb trees and attack their prey from above.
- Unlike most other big cats, the jaguar loves the water and enjoys going for a swim, sometimes even hunting for fish in ponds and pools.
- Jaguars are distinguished from other big cats by the shape of their spots which look like roses. As a result, their spots are called rosettes.
- Jaguars fear no animal and hunt caiman (a crocodile type creature) which can grow up to five meters long! Jaguars have one of the most powerful bites of all big cats and kill by delivering a blow to the back of the skull instead of crushing the windpipe and asphyxiation